Hurricane Ida - Updates & Resources
Below is the latest information and resources for residents and visitors following Hurricane Ida. The Houma Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will continue to monitor recovery efforts and will provide updated information as it becomes available.
[Updated Saturday, September 4th at 11:30 AM CT]
LATEST NEWS & UPDATES FOR TERREBONNE PARISH
There are no official blockades preventing re-entry to Terrebonne Parish. That being said, parish officials are urging evacuees to stay out of the parish if possible, as roads are extremely hazardous and there are no shelters, no electricity, very limited resources for food, gasoline, cell service, water and supplies and absolutely no medical services. If you have a crucial need to re-enter the parish, please ensure you are well-equipped with any necessary items and are listening to updates and instructions from first responders.
BOIL WATER ADVISORY:
All of Terrebonne Parish is currently under a boil water notice. Terrebonne Waterworks is sharing updates as they come available.
- The Terrebonne General Health System in Houma is offering an ED Walk-in Clinic open daily from 7am-5pm. The clinic is located on Liberty Street, directly across from the Emergency Department.
- A small emergency room remains in operation at the Leonard J. Chabert Medical Center in Houma.
- Visit rxopen.org for a map showing which drug stores are open in Terrebonne Parish and the surrounding areas.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION & AID:
The following locations are designated POD sites and will be distributing tarps, ice, water, MREs (meals ready to eat):
- •Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center, 346 Civic Center Blvd. Houma
- Bayou Dularge Fire Dept. (Central Station), 1767 Bayou Dularge Rd., Theriot
- Grand Caillou Fire Dept. (Central Station), 6129 Grand Caillou Rd., Dulac
- South Terrebonne High School, 3879 Hwy 24, Bourg
- Montegut Recreation Gym, 107 Recreation, Montegut
- Living Word Church, 1916 Hwy 311, Schriever
- Bayou Blue Fire Dept. (Central Station), 1870 Bayou Blue Rd., Houma
- Ward 7 Citizens Center, 5006 Hwy 56, Chauvin
- Donner Community Center**, 361 Azalea Dr., Donner
- Mechanicville Gym**, 2814 Senator St./Percy Gabriel, Houma
Pointe-aux-Chenes Gas Station**, 581 Hwy 665, Montegut (Site possibly available no sooner than Noon, Sunday, Sept. 5, 2021. )
- Louisiana participants in the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) have recieved a "hot foods" waiver, which will permit the use of SNAP/P-EBT benefits to purchase hot foods or prepared foods at any retailer through to September 28. This waiver does not include food purchases at restaurants.
Gas is running extremely low across Terrebonne Parish. Gasbuddy.com crowdsources information on gas prices, openings and closures. Check here for which stations have been reported as open with gas or add others to the list.
Most cellular sites across Terrebonne Parish remain offline - see this story from HoumaToday for more details.
T-Mobile & Sprint have set up a temporary satellite communications tower at the Bayou Cane Fire Department on West Main Street in Houma. The tower should provide a 3-mile radius of coverage for T-Mobile and Sprint customers. Verizon and AT&T are expected to set up other resources soon.
LOCAL SOURCES OF EMERGENCY INFORMATION
- Terrebonne Parish Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
- Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government
- Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Office Facebook Page
- Consolidated Waterworks District 1 Facebook Page
- KBZE 105.9FM Radio Station Facebook Page
- Louisiana 211 Health & Human Services Helpline - dial 211 for help
- HoumaToday's Live List of Where To Find Food & Supplies in Terrebonne Parish
- FEMA Hurricane Ida Disaster Resources & Financial Assistance
- Disaster Supplimental Nutritional Assistance Program (DSNAP) - this program is still pending approval, but those seeking assistance are encouraged to pre-register now
- Operation Blue Roof - free tarping through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
WAYS TO HELP
- Bayou Community Fund
- United Houma Nation
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux
- Hache Grant Association | Venmo: @Hache-Grant
- Louisiana Hospitality Foundation