May Meeting Minutes 2022
Houma Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Regular Schedule Meeting Minutes
May 26, 2022
- Board and Staff Member Attendance
Cheri Blanchard – Chair
Sondra Corbitt via phone
Julie Falgout – Vice Chair
Joshua Ellender – Secretary/Treasurer
Andree’ B. Casey
- Meeting call to order: C. Blanchard called the meeting to order at 8:35 a.m.
- Roll Call: Quorum was present.
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance: J. Falgout led the board in the Invocation. C. Blanchard led the board in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Public to be heard: no one was present.
- Product Development Application Terrebonne Parish Centennial Celebration: L. Loupe provided an overview of the application. Discussion followed: festival and parade marketing for Celebrating 200 years of Terrebonne Parish in October. J. Ellender moved to approve the product development application for $5,000.00. Seconded by C. Blanchard. Motion passed.
- Sponsorship Application Terrebonne High Volleyball Team Camp: L. Loupe provided an overview of the sponsorship. J. Ellender moved to approve the sponsorship application for $5,000.00. Seconded by A. Casey. Discussion followed: the previous year sponsorship outcome for Terrebonne Parish, hotel accommodations, and economic impact. Motion passed.
- Sponsorship Application Red, White, And True: L. Loupe provided an overview of sponsorship. W. Bisland moved to decline application due to being a for-profit organization and potential ethics violation. Seconded by J. Ellender. Motion passed.
- Approval of April’s Minutes: J. Falgout moved to approve April’s minutes with corrections. Seconded by J. Ellender. Motion passed.
- Approval of March 2022 Financials: A. Casey moved to approve the March 2022 Financial report. Seconded by J. Ellender. Motion passed.
- Executive Director’s Report: S. Corbitt provided the monthly report. Discussion: hotel/motel occupancy, Airbnb, product development application revamp, sexual harassment/ethics training, construction updates, Bayou Country Crawfish Trail Logo, White Boot Stroll Event, and completion of Certified Destination Management Executive.
- Board Announcements: Sponsorship Review Spreadsheet, Le Petit Theatre de Terrebonne update, and employee Nicole Davis introduction.
- A. Casey moved to adjourn. Seconded by J. Ellender. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned at 9:30 a.m.