Houma's diverse culture and environment offers something different for everyone. We invite the media, photographers and travel writers to experience our destination and discover Louisiana’s Bayou Country.
The Houma-Area Convention and Visitors Bureau will provide assistance upon request including customized itineraries, ground transportation, accommodation assistance, area information and photography.
• Complimentary, specialized itineraries including accommodations, meals, attractions and interviews can be created to meet the specific needs of the media.
• Bureau staff members can provide complimentary ground transportation during the media's stay in Terrebonne Parish.
• Knowledgeable guides can be provided courtesy of the bureau to assist the media in getting around our area.
• The bureau maintains a library of color photos and video that may be used to accompany pieces featuring Houma/Terrebonne Parish.
Travel Writer/Media Representative Qualifications:
• To receive complimentary assistance, writer/media representative must provide credentials upon initial inquiry, including recent work, publications and association memberships.
• Requests for assistance must be made at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
• Requests must include the nature of the assignment, subject interest and length of stay.
• Complimentary accommodations will be provided for commissioned work only.
• Complimentary accommodations are strictly on availability. For non-commissioned work, reduced rates or complimentary stays will be left to the discretion of the individual lodging property managers.
• Costs incurred by family members or traveling companions are not covered by the bureau.
• Deviations or cancellations from planned itineraries must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled arrival. This includes lodging and special interest appointments with local personalities. If 24-hour notice is not given, writer/media representative is responsible for payment.
• Stories relating to the visit must be provided by bureau within one month of publication.
Joey Pierce, Communications Manager
114 Tourist Drive Gray, LA 70359