Mardi Gras in Houma, Louisiana: February 21- March 4, 2014
• Located only 57 minutes southwest of New Orleans, Houma boasts the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the number of parades within the parish (county).
• Offers a safe, family-friendly carnival atmosphere without the noise, traffic and high cost of New Orleans.
• Great alternative to New Orleans for families, senior and foreign travelers.
• Houma has 13 parades, with as many as 30 floats and over 600 riders in each parade.
• Houma’s Mardi Gras floats are designed and built by renowned Mardi Gras New Orleans designer Blaine Kern.
• Every year, thousands of visitors travel to Houma to celebrate Mardi… Read More »
The Houma Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors recently launched its 2014 Matching Funds Program for Meetings, Conventions, Tournaments and Rallies, as well as the 2014 Product Development Program. Please contact our office for the 2014 guidelines and application.
After several years of funding through the Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government's Tourism Recovery Event Sponsorship Program funded by BP Tourism Mitigation Funds, the Houma Area CVB is reintroducing its program in 2014.
To qualify for funds, an applicant must be one of the following entities domiciled within the United States with a Terrebonne Parish tourism project:
• A non-profit registered with the corresponding Secretary of State, and must be in good… Read More »